The Print Shop building was constructed in Pikeville, N.C. in the late 1920’s and was originally used to grade tobacco. It was relocated to Old Waynesborough in 2006 and was refurbished to represent a printing facility of the early 1900s. The Print Shop currently houses a 1910 Chandler and Price printing press. This machine utilizes block print. The Chandler and Price Company was founded in 1881 in Cleveland, Ohio. The company’s press design was not original but was based upon several patents which expired in 1850 and were previously owned by George P. Gordon. In 1884, Chandler and Price presses were built in two sizes and by year-end 300 units were produced. Chandler and Price presses were known to outlast all rivals due to the company’s concentration on incorporating quality in its equipment.