Churchill-Cogdell Cemetery

This cemetery is the last remaining vestige of the original Waynesborough settlement.  Built by the Churchill and Cogdell families, the cemetery contains six identifiable grave sites marked by head and foot stones.  The grave plots are surrounded by a wrought iron fence, a section of which is embedded in a large tree.  The earliest grave site is dated 1846 and the last person to be buried there was in 1904.

2018-05-15T13:35:07+00:00