The visitors’ center and buildings are closed until further notice.
The trails are OPEN.
Welcome to Old Waynesborough Park
Our park is located on the site of the former town of Waynesborough, the original seat of Wayne County from 1787 until 1847. The park consists of a village featuring nine historic buildings brought from across the county. These buildings, including a school, lawyer’s office, and Quaker meeting house, date from the 1860’s to the 1920’s.
In addition to the village we have over 150 acres along the Neuse and Little Rivers with over four miles of walking trails through open spaces, forest, and cypress swamp. Our facilities are available for weddings, reunions, and other special events.
Hamilton Civil War Collection
The Hamilton Collection, owned by R.L. Hamilton, includes many authentic rifles, handguns, swords, sabers and much more used by both Union and Confederate forces during the Civil War.
Handguns on display include many early models from manufacturers such as Colt, Smith & Wesson, Savage, and more. Rifles include numerous muskets made by both Union and Confederate companies and rare and unusual carbines from many manufacturers.
The collection includes cannon balls, artillery shells, small arms ordnance, knives, personal items from the period and many belt buckles worn by soldiers involved in the many Civil War battles. Among these buckles is one from Arkansas considered to be the rarest of all Civil War buckles.